When I first got engaged over a year ago, I never thought I would need a wedding planner. I knew vendors from working in the floral and events industry and thought I had it all figured out. I was wrong! Hiring a planner was one of the best decisions I made while wedding planning especially now re-planning my wedding due to COVID-19. I didn’t even think of how to create a proper wedding timeline and who is going to direct the vendors the day of? Your wedding planner. If you think your family and friends are going to help set up, then think again. You want them to enjoy the wedding and that’s an important reason to have a planner. I was so fortunate to connect with Suher Haidar, principal planner at Francine Ribeau Events and owner of Refined by Suher. I chatted with her recently about why you need a wedding planner during COVID-19
- Wedding planners have a long time relationship with vendors and we can connect with them to offer you the most suitable postponement and or cancelation guidelines.
- Wedding planners always have a Plan B. Whether it’s finding a new location for your wedding because your wedding venue is no longer available. Or you need to find a new vendor for your postponed date.
- Many couples are opting for an elopement ceremony now and celebration in 2021 due to COVID-19. We can plan both events and work with you to make both experiences as beautiful as can be.
- A wedding planner knows the guidelines to force majeure and can guide you through the right steps to cancel and or postpone.
- Francine Ribeau Events is offering intimate ceremony packages during these uncertain times. Alongside small intimate family dinner celebrations for couples who have been affected by covid-19 postponements.
These are trying and uncertain circumstances. Having to postpone your wedding and or cancel it now is so emotional on its own. So having your wedding planner step in and take charge is what a couple needs to get through this as easy as possible.
Ever since Suher helped her makeup artist mother at weddings as a little girl…she knew she wanted to be a wedding planner. Suher’s career as a planner started in 2005, when her second son was still a baby. Trying to both plan AND be a mother proved to Suher that at that time, staying at home as a mother was the best for her and her family. That didn’t stop Suher from throwing amazing celebrations for those in her life and rightfully earned the nickname, “The Hostess with the Mostess.” When her kids got a bit older, Suher took a financing position, but realized she was too creative to be sitting behind a desk. Rejoining the wedding industry in 2012, Suher’s passion for event planning lead her to her current role as Principal Planner for Francine Ribeau Events and as an industry leader coaching and advising others in the events industry through Refined by Suher.
Suher’s process of creating the most beautiful celebrations for her couples comes from her devotion to getting to know her couples, their personalities, and their unique styles. She meticulously plans and creates events that are about them, their families, and friends. With a friendly smile and a love for timeline management, she sure does bring the pretty, the fun, and the hard work. Known for her electric Australian personality, Suher travels all around the world to plan dazzling weddings and events.